The FCRO2100 provides economical and reliable phase-angle control of single-phase SCR AC controllers and center tap rectifiers. The board features two isolated gate drives, independently configurable soft start/soft stop control inputs, and an analog delay angle command input configurable for a variety of common voltage or current ranges. An onboard regulator provides functionality for applications where current or voltage regulation is required.
- Industry Standard ASIC-Based Design
- Fully Connectorized
- Independently Configurable Soft-Start and Soft-Stop
- Isolated Gate Drive Circuitry
- Power-On Reset Protection
- Low Signal Inhibit
The FCRO2100 includes the following features:
- Analog Delay Angle Command Signal (SIG HI): Users may choose a variety of DC control signal ranges including 0-5 V, 4-20 mA, or custom ranges.
- Soft-Start and Soft-Stop: Upon soft-start, SCR firing is enabled and the delay angle command ramps from the maximum value to the setpoint value determined by the SIG HI command signal. Upon soft-stop, the delay angle ramps from the setpoint value to the maximum value after which SCR firing is inhibited.
- Instant Enable and Inhibit: A contact closure (relay, switch, transistor) instantly enables or inhibits SCR firing at the delay angle commensurate with the SIG HI command signal.
- 50/60 Hz Frequency Selection: Operation from 50 or 60 Hz mains may be selected via an onboard jumper. Factory configured.
- High Current Picket Fence Gate Drive: The transformer-isolated gate drive circuits provide a hard firing initial 15 V open circuit/1.5 A short circuit firing pulse followed by sustaining "back porch" pulses at 7 V open circuit/0.5 A short circuit. The gate pulse burst frequency is 256 times the mains voltage frequency.
- Onboard Regulator Circuit: The FCRO2100 board includes an optional regulator circuit which can be configured to provide current or voltage regulation.
- The FCRO2100 provides economical and reliable phase-angle control of single-phase SCR AC controllers and center-tapped rectifiers. The board features two isolated gate drives, independently configurable soft-start/soft-stop control inputs, and an analog delay angle command input configurable for a variety of common voltage or current ranges. An onboard regulator provides functionality for applications where current or voltage regulation is required.
- Analog Delay Determinator Circuit: Enerpro's gate delay determinator circuit is based on an analog PLL circuit and implemented with a proprietary ASIC. This circuit adjusts the gate delay firing angle in negative proportion to the SIG HI delay angle command signal.
- Power-On Reset: A special circuit prevents unintentional SCR gating upon board power-up.
- Simple Control Power Connection: The FCRO2100 derives its control power from the same ac source controlled by the SCRs. An onboard transformer steps down 120, 240, or 480 Vac mains and also provides the phase reference signal for the firing circuit.
- Board Construction: All circuit boards are assembled at the Enerpro plant in Goleta, California and are manufactured by a UL-approved fabricator from 0.093-inch thick FR4 fire resistant fiberglass epoxy laminate. All boards are conformal coated (MIL-1-46058, Type UR).
- Center-Tapped SCR Rectifiers
- SCR/Diode Bridge Rectifiers
- Anti-Parallel SCR Controller
- DC Motor Armature and
- Generator Field Rectifier
- Process Heating Control