The FCOVF6100 variable frequency firing board provides the functionality of the industry-standard FCOG6100 firing board for applications with variable-frequency AC mains. An onboard frequency compensation scheme makes the firing circuit less sensitive to line frequency variations while an isolated DC-DC converter provides enhanced control power flexibility. The FCOVF6100 is offered in a standard 30-140 Hz frequency of operation range and customer-specific ranges to 600Hz.
- Industry Standard ASIC-Based Design
- Variable frequency range of operation: 30-140 Hz (nominal) (others available)
- Fully Connectorized
- Independently Configurable Soft-Start and Soft-Stop
- Isolated Gate Drive Circuitry
- Phase Loss Protection 10:1 Supply Voltage Frequency
- Optional DC/DC Converter for Board Power
The FCOVF6100 includes the following features:
- Frequency Insensitivity: A frequency-tovoltage converter acts in concert with the delay angle determinator circuit to reduce delay angle variance over the operating frequency range. This scheme limits delay angle variance to approximately 3 over a frequency range of 30 to 120 Hz.
- Analog Delay Angle Command Signal (SIG HI): Users may choose a variety of DC control signal ranges including 0-5 V, 0-10 V, 4-20 mA, or custom ranges.
- Soft-Start and Soft-Stop: Upon soft-start, SCR firing is enabled and the delay angle command ramps from the maximum value to the setpoint value determined by the SIG HI command signal. Upon soft-stop, the delay angle ramps from the setpoint value to the maximum value after which SCR firing is inhibited.
- Phase Loss Inhibit: A phase loss circuit instantly inhibits SCR firing if a loss of one or more phases or gross phase imbalance is sensed on the AC line. Firing will soft-start when such a fault is cleared.
- Instant Enable and Inhibit: A contact closure (relay, switch, transistor) instantly enables or inhibits SCR firing at the delay angle commanded by the SIG HI delay angle command signal.
- Phase Sequence Insensitivity: SCR gating is unaffected by mains voltage phase sequence.
- High Current Picket Fence Gate Drive: The transformer-isolated gate drive circuits provide a hard firing initial 15 V open circuit/1.8 A short circuit firing pulse followed by sustaining "back porch" pulses at 7 V open circuit/0.5 A short circuit. The gate pulse burst frequency is 384 times the mains voltage frequency.
- Analog Delay Determinator Circuit: Enerpro's gate delay determinator circuit is based on the Ainsworth three-phase PLL circuit and implemented with a proprietary ASIC. This circuit adjusts the gate delay firing angle in negative proportion to the SIG HI command. Gate drive phase balance is typically less than ±1°
- Flexible Control Power Options: The FCOVF6100 board is typically configured to accept 24 or 48 VDC control power. In this configuration, an onboard 20 W DC-DC converter rated for 1600 V isolation (with a voltage limiting Zener preregulator ) creates the necessary 30 VDC and 15 VDC rail voltages on the firing board. The customer may alternatively supply 30 and 15 VDC rails directly.
- Board Construction: All circuit boards are assembled at the Enerpro plant in Goleta, California and are manufactured by a UL-approved fabricator from 2.4 mm thick FR4 fire resistant fiberglass epoxy laminate. All boards are conformal coated (MIL-1-46058, Type UR).