Expert Power Electronics Design and Manufacture
Enerpro has been designing and manufacturing power electronics components, packages and assemblies in our Southern California facility since 1983. We have established ourselves as an invaluable partner to companies ranging from small manufacturers to major global OEMs. Flexible in-house manufacturing facility allows us to offer competitive solutions from low volume custom R&D applications to full scale OEM production. Our experienced applications engineers expertly guide and advise product selection reducing risk and ensuring successful project completion.
Enerpro was founded in 1983 with the mission of advancing the state of technology of industrial power electronics control. Our first product, the FCOG6100 three-phase thyristor firing board was a vast upgrade for the widely used Vectrol firing board stack. A Large Scale Integration (LSI) device was developed to reduce the firing package volume by 80% while greatly increasing performance and features. This FCOG6100 firing board has been incorporated into countless OEM power electronics systems and continues to be used throughout the world.
Since 1983, Enerpro has contributed a number of products that have resulted in benefits across a diverse number of industries.
Notable products include:
- Controllers that synchronize wind turbine powered cage type induction generators with the electric grid.
- VF rectifiers for hybrid battery-electric vehicles, locomotives, mining truck battery chargers and generator field exciters.
- 74 V/425 A thyristor rectifiers for locomotives.
- 15 kW off-line thyristor rectifiers for CAT Scanners.
- Thyristor firing boards for excitation of electric utility generators.
- 60 Hz powered 12-pulse battery chargers for electric school and tourist shuttle busses.
- 3-stage battery charging rectifiers for use on both current production and legacy locomotives.
- Armature and field rectifiers for oil drill rig dc motors.
- Medium voltage thyristor firing boards:
*ABB 60 MW, 33 kV, rectifiers
*6.0 kV solid-state motor starter boards