Return Material Information – Terms and Conditions
Enerpro Circuit Boards and Assemblies, excluding fuses, pulse modules and semi-conductor modules are warranted for defects in parts and labor for a period of one (1) year for new product and six (6) months for repaired or evaluated items from the date of shipment. This warranty shall not apply to any unit that has been subject to misuse, negligence, or accident. Enerpro’s sole liabilities and the buyer’s sole remedies, under this agreement shall be limited to repair or replacement or, at Enerpro’s discretion, refund of purchase price in lieu of replacement. Enerpro shall in no way be liable for damages consequential or incidental to defects in any of the quoted products, or failure of delivery in whole or in part, for injuries resulting from its use, or for any other causes. This warranty is void if any product or item has been altered or reconfigured in any way without specific prior written authorization from an Enerpro representative.
Enerpro products outside the warranty period may be returned for evaluation or repair. For items found to be non-repairable, notification will be provided with information regarding the failed component(s) of the product. Buyer is responsible for evaluation period, repair time, electrical/environmental testing, documentation, and all freight charges. Standard charges for lab time are described below.
Warranty: Buyer is responsible for all freight charges and the price of all replaced components which are excluded from the warranty (fuses, pulse modules and semi-conductor modules). Any products returned with “No Trouble Found” (NTF) will be subject to standard charges for lab time as described below.
Current lab charges are $110 per hour for individual boards and $170 per hour for assemblies and board sets, billed at ½ hour increments after the first hour. The billing rate is based on whether the original purchase order listed the product as an individual board, board set, or assembly. All charges are subject to change without notice.
Repair Authorization and Disposition:
Preliminary Evaluation: A preliminary evaluation will be conducted upon receipt of the product. If it is deemed repairable, an estimate of the repair charges will be provided to the customer prior to the start of any work. If it is deemed non-repairable (due to obsolete parts or excessive damage) the customer will be notified. Non-repairable products can either be disposed of at our facility or shipped back to the originator. All lab fees and freight charges will apply.
Evaluation and Repair:
Upon completion of the evaluation and repair, an evaluation form will be e-mailed to the primary contact. This form will include a failure analysis and all labor and parts costs for the repair. All evaluations determined as “No Trouble Found (NTF)” will incur a laboratory fee of (1) hour. Either a purchase order or credit card information will be required prior to return shipment of the RMA. Actual freight charges will be added to the final invoice.
All items unclaimed by the primary contact will be disposed of after one (1) year.
Standard: Fifteen (15) business days ARO to ship (contingent upon component availability).
Expedite: Three (3) to five (5) business days ARO to ship (subject to availability, contact Enerpro Representative for details). Charges for expedited repairs are $165 per hour for individual boards and $235 per hour for assemblies and board sets, billed at ½ hour increments after the first hour. Return shipment will be by UPS ground unless a different method is specified by customer. All freight charges will be added to the invoice and paid by the customer.
- Shipping Address: Enerpro, Inc.
Reference: RMA# XXX-XXXX
99 Aero Camino
Goleta, California 93117
- Please include the RMA number on the shipping label or mark clearly outside the package. Any items without the RMA number clearly labeled on the outside of the package will not
be accepted by the Enerpro Receiving Department and will be returned.
Financial Terms and Conditions:
- The acceptance of any order and terms of payment on all sales and orders are subject to the approval of the credit department of the seller.
- The seller and/or manufacture’s agent shall hold all goods claimed to be defective subject to inspection. Claims for shortage or deduction for erroneous charges must be presented within ten (10) days after receipt of the goods or they will not be allowed. Debit Memos cannot be applied to any balance on the account.
- If goods appear defective, their use should be discontinued and the seller notified promptly. Seller shall not be liable for any incidental, special, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, direct or indirect, including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of revenue, or business interruption incurred by buyer by reason of seller’s performance.