Snubber Boards (one through six circuits)
In SCR converters, or AC controllers, a high rate-of-rise in anode-to-cathode voltage, or dV/dt, occurs when a SCR ceases conduction, or when another SCR in the circuit is gated into conduction. High peak voltage is produced when an inductive circuit connected to the SCR is interrupted. The peak and rate-of-rise (dV/dt) of the SCR voltage must be limited to avoid erratic circuit operation and device damage. Connected anode to cathode, the snubber circuit resistor/capacitor limits dV/dt and the metal-oxide-varistor (MOV) limits peak voltage.
TSB Snubber Boards
Enerpro’s TSB family of snubber circuit boards provide high-quality RC snubber circuits in a convenient, connectorized, panel-mountable package. Models with one, two, three and six circuits are available. These boards provide the static power conversion industry with a rugged, reliable snubber product that reduces design time and minimizes inventory requirements.
- Panel Mountable
- Fully Connectorized
- WIMA Metal Film Capacitors
- Wirewound High-Temperature Ceramic Resistors
TSB Connectorized Snubber Circuit Boards include the following features:
- The TSB family utilizes WIMA brand high voltage, pulse-rated metal film capacitors exclusively for their superior performance, reliability, and service life.
- Amp Universal Mate-N- Lok connectors provide easy installation and replacement; connector tooling is identical to all other Enerpro firing and regulator board products.
- Creepage distances exceed 10 mm (0.4 inches) for operation to 600 Vac as specified in UL-508.
- All circuit boards are assembled at the Enerpro plant in Goleta, California and are manufactured by a UL-approved fabricator from 2.4 mm thick FR4 fire-resistant fiberglass epoxy laminate with one-ounce copper and full solder mask. All boards are protected with urethane conformal coating per MIL-1-46058, Type UR to provide excellent performance at high line voltages.