FCOG61BP Bi-Polar Firing Board
Three-phase, Six-SCR Firing Board
The FCOG61BP firing board is based on the FCOG6100 three-phase, six-SCR firing board. It features an additional set of six gate outputs and a polarity transition circuit, allowing users to easily realize four-quadrant rectifier and series-reversing AC controller circuit topologies.
- Industry Standard Digital LSI-Based Design
- Analog Delay Angle Command Signal (SIG HI) 0-5 V, 4-20 mA, or custom ranges
- Soft-Start and Soft-Stop
- Polarity Transition Command with Configurable Dead Time
- Instant Enable and Inhibit
- 50/60 Hz Frequency Operation (no adjustment needed)
- High Current Picket Fence Gate Drive
- Gate Drive Isolation: 600Vac
- Power-On Reset
- Analog Delay Determinator Circuit
- Simple Control Power Connection
- Assembled in the USA
- Controlled Reversing Rectifier (Four-Quadrant)
- Sequence Reversing AC Controller
The FCOG61BP includes the following features:
- Analog Delay Angle Command Signal (SIG HI): Users may choose a variety of DC control signal ranges including 0-5 V, 4-20 mA, or custom ranges.
- Soft-Start and Soft-Stop: Upon soft-start, SCR firing is enabled and the delay angle command ramps from the maximum value to the setpoint value determined by the SIG HI command signal. Upon soft-stop, the delay angle ramps from the setpoint value to the maximum value after which SCR firing is inhibited.
- Instant Enable and Inhibit: A contact closure (relay, switch, transistor) instantly enables or inhibits SCR firing at the delay angle commensurate with the SIG HI command signal.
- 50/60 Hz Frequency Selection: Operation from 50 or 60 Hz mains.
- High Current Picket Fence Gate Drive: The transformer-isolated gate drive circuits provide a hard firing initial 15 V open circuit/1.5 A short circuit firing pulse followed by sustaining “back porch” pulses at 7 V open circuit/0.5 A short circuit. The gate pulse burst frequency is 256 times the mains voltage frequency.
- Power-On Reset: A special circuit prevents unintentional SCR gating upon board power-up.
- Analog Delay Determinator Circuit: Enerpro’s gate delay determinator circuit is based on an analog PLL circuit and implemented with a proprietary ASIC. This circuit adjusts the gate delay firing angle in negative proportion to the SIG HI delay angle command signal.
- Board Construction: All circuit boards are assembled at the Enerpro plant in Goleta, California and are manufactured by a UL-approved fabricator from 2.4 mm thick FR4 fire resistant fiberglass epoxy laminate. All boards are conformal coated (MIL-1-46058, Type UR).