ISOVLCL-4 Regulator Board
ISOVLCL-4 Regulator Board
The ISOVLCL-4 provides the same functionality than the ISVLCL-3 board (isolated current and voltage regulation) with the enhanced functionality of potentiometer-adjustable ramp time and transistorized status signals indicating overcurrent , overvoltage, current limit, and current and voltage trip reset.
- Automatic crossover between regulation modes.
- Current and Voltage Trip with Automatic Reset
- Adjustable Soft-Start
- Optional Proportional Plus-Integral (PI) Voltage Regulation
- Optional Trip Latches for Voltage and Current Trips.
- Scaled Current and Voltage Read-Back Signals.
- Battery Chargers
- Electro-chemical Process Power Supplies
- Motor Controllers
- Magnet Power Supplies
- UPS Systems
The ISOVLCL-4 includes the following features:
- Signals: The current and voltage feedback signals are galvanically isolated from the regulator board by Analog Devices AD202KN isolation amplifiers (1500 Vrms, 2000 V peak).
- Load Voltage or Current Limit: Limit amplifiers respond to the difference between either feedback signal and the corresponding limit commands. The resulting signal is the SCR delay angle command signal, SIG HI.
- Current and Voltage Limit Automatic Crossover: A diode OR circuit provides automatic crossover between voltage and current limiting. The ISOVLCL -4 operates in either current or voltage regulating mode depending on which limit command setting is lowest.
- Overcurrent and Overvoltage Trip with Manual or Automatic Reset: Two board-mounted potentiometers set the current and voltage trip levels. A trip resets the soft-start circuit; its response time to an overcurrent or overvoltage event is approximately 3 milliseconds. If this condition persists, the overcurrent or overvoltage trip will automatically reset and trip, cycling continuously until cleared.
- Adjustable Soft-Start: The ISOVLCL-4 includes a potentiometer-adjustable soft-start ramp.
- Polarity Reversing Compatibility: The current and voltage feedback signals are processed by precision absolute value circuits, avoiding positive feedback and permitting operation with polarity reversing applications.
- Voltage and Current Read-Back Signals: Scaled analog voltage and current signals are available from a dedicated connector.
- Status Interface: The ISOVLCL-4 includes an auxiliary connector with four open-collector transistors indicating the status of the overcurrent , overvoltage, manual trip, and current limit signals. Connection to common, +12 and 24 V rails are provided to drive lamps, relay coils, or other common apparatus.
- Onboard or Offboard Voltage and Current Commands: Users may command the desired voltage or current level using board-mounted potentiometers or through externally applied voltage and current commands. Several command voltage or current ranges are available, including 0-12 V, 0-10 V, and 4-20 mA.
- Board Construction: All circuit boards are assembled at the Enerpro plant in Goleta, California and are manufactured by a UL-approved fabricator from 2.4 mm thick FR4 fire resistant fiberglass epoxy laminate. All boards are conformal coated (MIL-1-46058, Type UR).
Enerpro applications engineers are available by e-mail or fax for applications assistance.